- Mighty Men Conference
- Questions & Answers
- Do's & Don'ts
- Service Times
2013 Mighty Men Conference OF Northern KwaZulu-Natal
Welcome to our 2013 Mighty Men Conference website for Northern KZN.
We will be hosting our third Mighty Men Conference on the Farm Lentevlei, just 8 kilometers outside of Newcastle. This is the same venue that has been so successfully used in 2011 & 2012.
Once again, the conference has been put together and organized by the Newcastle Ministers Network.
Our vision remains to glorify our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our guest speaker over the weekend is Jannes Labuschagne, ex Springbok lock. Jannes had a dramatic conversion to Jesus during his rugby career that has resulted in his call to full time ministry serving the Lord Jesus Christ. Jannes is based at a church in Johannesburg.
Come and listen to his testimony – our God has amazing ways of getting our attention when He wants to speak to us. Jannes has been used powerfully over the last few years in ministry, in churches and in ministering at men’s camps.
Jannes is hoping to bring some of his rugby friends along with him to meet us. Because the rugby season will be in full swing in April, he cannot promise us exactly who will come, but come they will!
As we sought the face of God about the 2013 conference, it remains our firm conviction that our Father still wants to speak to the men in our land.
Guest Speaker - Jannes Labuschagne
Many have requested that we consider a “Mighty Families” Conference. There is a need for that, we do acknowledge. However, we do sense that THIS conference is for men because God has not yet completed the work that He wants to do.
Of course, young men are most welcome to come with their dads. If he is big enough to camp with us, he is big enough to be a “Mighty Man”! Bring your boys with you!
Tickets are available through CompuTicket. Both Checkers and Shopright stores have Computicket facilities from where tickets may be purchased. The cost is R150.00 per person, whether you come for one or two days.
There is no charge for those coming to the Sunday morning service where, as per tradition, the conference is open to the wives and children.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook.
- What do we want to achieve?
- We want to bring glory to Jesus Christ as a community.
- Must I bring my ticket with me?
- Yes. No ticket no entry; otherwise you will need to pay again.
- Day visitors to bring your ticket daily.
- What facilities are available?
- Toilets, showers with biodegradable shampoo and body wash, food stalls
- Please do not bring soap or shampoo, as it must be biodegradable – we will have product for sale at the camp grounds.
- What do I need to bring?
- Sleeping Bag and mattress
- CAMPING CHAIR
- TOILET PAPER
- Toiletries, ie, toothpaste, comb & razor
- Crockery and cutlery
- Skottel braai (& matches!)
- Bible, Notebook and Pen
- Hat and suntan lotion
- Plastic rubbish bag for your waste
- 5 litres of your own drinking water
- Your own food
- A soft heart!
- Is the car park far from the camping terrain?
- No, you park your car next to your tent or caravan. Busses must park in a designated area. Please inform us if you intend coming by bus so that we can plan for bus parking.
- Can I make a group booking?
- Computicket issues single ticket, one at a time.
- Can I reserve a space for my buddy?
- Yes, there is plenty of space for every one!
- Do women and children need a ticket for Sunday?
- Do I need to pay if I am a day visitor?
- Yes. The R150 is for a weekend pass and we would encourage you to rather camp due to the volume of traffic. Remember to bring your ticket along every day!
- Can I come by bicycle or motorbike?
- From when will the campsite be open?
- From Thursday 18 April 2013. Security staff will be on duty.
- By when must I leave the campsite?
- On Sunday 21 April 2013.
- Will there be security on site?
- Yes, a private security firm plus regular visits from the SAPS.
- May I bring my son?
- Yes. 4 years and over.
- Who are the speakers?
- Jannes Labushagne. (ex Springbok rugby player)
- May I make a fire?
- Yes. The fire must be well controlled and supervised at all times.
- How do I heat my food?
- There are no facilities, so you may bring a gas stove / skottle braai or normal braai.
- Is there electricity on the farm for my caravan etc?
- No, there will be some lights in the camping areas, but there will not be any electric points to charge cell phones/laptops etc.
- What time on Sunday does the conference end?
- By 11.30
- Who is leading worship?
- Local musicians..
- Are women allowed on the terrain?
- Women and children are only allowed on Sunday
- Is provision made for wheelchairs / elderly?
- Please advise us if you need help so that we can arrange to help where we can. Bear in mind this is an outdoor event with little infrastructure. We will therefore try to help as much as we can.
- Is there cell phone reception on the farm?
- Do I need to bring money with me?
- Yes you must bring cash. No credit card facilities are available.
- What will I need money for?
- There will be a few food & cool drink stalls available to you. There will also be books on sale.
- Do I need to bring my own food if I am camping?
- Yes, this is advisable.
- What food will be available for sale?
- Boerewors rolls
- Chocolates, sweets & chips
- Cold drinks: Fizzy, Still, Fruit Juice and Water
- Is there a parking facility for day visitors?
- Yes, there is a large day parking facility right over the road from the tent. The frail and elderly may be dropped off near the tent and then the driver may park his car in the car park.
- Where can I purchase my tickets?
- Via Computicket or phone 0823088228 and arrange with our secretary.
- How do I get there?
- Click the Map link for directions. In order to avoid heavy traffic, it is recommended that men arrive early.
As Lentevlei is a working cattle farm, this is a friendly request from the Brink family for the Mighty Men to read this:
Some house rules (do's and don'ts):
- PLEASE DO NOT:
- Ride motor bikes or quad bikes around the property.
- Walk amongst any livestock you may find on the farm.
- Start any open fires.
- Drop litter or cool drink cans on the grounds.
- Fish in the dam!
- Use the veld as a toilet – there are toilets provided!
- Remove any plants from the veld.
- Swim in the farm dam – we do not want to be responsible for any drownings!
- PLEASE DO:
- Pick up litter lying around – there are dustbins provided.
- Stop anyone you may see from littering.
- Use the toilets.
- Bring your own rubbish bag to keep your camp site tidy.
- Walk only in areas of the farm that are open to the Mighty Men.
Friday 19th April 2013
Evening service: 6.30 pm - 8.00 pm
(Please note, we are never entirely sure about the timing of the end of the service)
Saturday 20th April 2013
Morning service: 9.00am - 11.00 am
Afternoon is free (No services)
Evening service: 6.30 pm - 8.00 pm
Sunday 21st April 2013
Morning service: 9.00am - 10.30 am (open to women and children)
Any enquiries relating to the Mighty Men Conference - Northern Natal, can be directed to:
Richard 082 3088 228
Tickets can be purchased via Computicket, at any Checkers or Shoprite store.
Follow us on our Facebook Page.
You can order the DVD productions of both MMC 2011 and MMC 2012 events. This includes four sermon sessions per set as well as an overview of the weekend’s events.
To place your order, contact Bennie Rothmann at 083 327 1146, or email Bennie.Rothmann@gmail.com
Price (excluding postage):
MMC 2011 – R 80
MMC 2012 – R 80
MMC 2013 – (to be announced)
Video highlights of MMC 2012 (20-22 April 2012)
Video highlights of MMC 2011 (8 -10 April 2011)
View MMC 2013 - Lentevlei in a larger map. GPS Co-ordinates: S27°41.383, E29°52.157